Web Analyzee & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Privacy and Security Contact
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is considered to be the most significant piece of European data protection legislation to be introduced in the European Union (EU) in 20 years and will replace the 1995 Data Protection Directive. The GDPR enhances EU individuals’ privacy rights and places significantly enhanced obligations on handling data.
The GDPR grants eight fundamental rights to data subjects. These are:
- Right to be informed – Entities must be transparent in how they are using personal data and must inform data subjects of this.
- Right of access – Data subjects will have the right to know what personal data is held about them and how it is processed.
- Right of rectification – Where reasonably possible, data subjects will be entitled to have personal data rectified/edited if they feel that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – This is also sometimes referred to as ‘the right to be forgotten’, Here, data subjects have the right to have their personal data permanently deleted upon their request and they do not have to provide a reason for the request.
- Right to restrict processing – Data subjects have the right to block processing of their personal data.
- Right to data portability – Where reasonably possible, data subjects have the right to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- Right to object – In certain circumstances, data subjects are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if personal data is used for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
Here at Web Analyzee we embrace the changes being brought in by this new regulation and see it as an opportunity to further improve how we communicate with you, use and share your data, and fundamentally, how we place your privacy, security, and rights at the forefront of everything that we do.
As both a data controller and processor, we have taken measures to ensure our compliance with the GDPR.
GDPR preparedness checklist
We have been working hard over the recent months to ensure compliance with the GDPR. Below is a high-level overview of the key activities we have performed:
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer
- Assess our product and business to determine areas impacted by GDPR
- Conduct an internal audit to ensure that all third parties and suppliers used by Web Analyzee are GDPR compliant
- Update our Terms & Conditions
- Create a dedicated page to document our GDPR activities and compliance
- Communicate our compliance with our customers
Protecting your data is of paramount importance and a constant focus here at Web Analyzee
Data is backed up daily and in some cases, more frequently than that.
- All-access to the Web Analyzee website is restricted to HTTPS encrypted connections.
- We never store credit cards or payment details in our database. This is strictly stored and managed by Stripe to ensure maximum security.
- User passwords are encrypted. Passwords are never stored in plain text, and we don’t know your password.If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com